“Adriana Lima just disclosed her pre-fashion show workout/diet plan and it really is, well, unreal. If you want to look like an Angel, it only takes this.
- Work out with a trainer once a day 3 months before the show, then twice a day starting 2 months before the show. Adequate workouts include boxing, lifting weights and jumping rope.
- Hire a nutritionist to keep track of muscle mass, fat ratio and levels of water retention. He/she should also prescribe protein shakes, vitamins and supplements to keep you energized.
- Drink a gallon of water. Every day.
- In the 9 days preceding your big day, drink only protein shakes, eat no solid foods.
- In the 2 days before your debut, just drink normally. (Note: What constitutes “normal” is a little unclear.)
- 12 hours before you plan to show off your Angel body, stop drinking entirely.
Apparently the process of depriving your body of liquids is called “drying out” and according to Lima “sometimes you can lose up to eight pounds just from that.”
The obesity epidemic is a result of lifestyle changes brought on by the easy availability of food, inexpensive unhealthy convenience foods and government subsidized foods, as well as a decrease in physical activity.-Dunkan
If you go to The Official Dukan Diet Website they have tons of calculators that help you find a healthy weight and timeline.
There are tons of charts and Statistics that are very interesting as well.
Why must we celebrate EVERY event with food. I understand birthdays, Christmas, and other major things, but why promotions, good grades, anniversaries, etc.? Probably the chemical connection w/ certain foods containing mood-enhancing qualities when eaten. I’m going with that a s an explanation, but still not justifiable.